Mold needs moisture and food to grow inside your Northern, VA home. Moisture is a key factor that influences mold growth. By controlling the indoor humidity at your home in Northern, VA, you can limit mold growth from attacking your home and destroying its structure. Once mold growth takes over your home in Northern, VA, mold remediation will be necessary.
The goal of mold remediation is to find the source of the moisture issue, fix it, and then to clean up the mold damage. The highest priority in any mold remediation is to protect the health and safety of the family members living in the house in Northern, VA, where mold is a concern. Part of the mold remediation plan should include—
- A plan to fix the moisture problem so that the mold does not come back?
- Workers should wear protective clothing at all times during mold remediation at your Northern, VA home.
- The mold growth areas of the home should be contained.
- A wet vacuum designed to collect water should be used to remove water that has accumulated on floors, carpets, and other hard surfaces. Carpets need to be pulled up and allowed to dry before reinstalling. The pad underneath must also be dried. Dehumidifiers and fans should be used to accelerate the drying time
- Hard surfaces should be wiped or scrubbed with special detergents and dried to prevent further mold growth. Porous materials most likely will have to be discarded.
- A HEPA vacuum should be used in the final cleanup during any mold remediation after the areas have been allowed to thoroughly dry and contaminated materials have been removed.
- Contaminated materials should be appropriately bagged to prevent the mold spores from spreading through the rest of the Northern, VA home and then taken to a waste site to be disposed of.
Mold remediation should only be performed by qualified, licensed environmental companies such as Envirotex. If you have any questions about mold growth in your Northern, VA home, call the experts at Envirotex and they will be glad to help you.