Mold exposure can cause a variety of health issues. The following are guidelines for the remediation of mold and moisture problems for homes in Manassas, VA. Mold can be found wherever moisture is growing on paper, wood, carpet, insulation, and food. If excessive moisture is present, mold growth will most likely occur, particularly if the problem hasn’t been found or addressed.
Mold can be controlled by controlling the moisture inside your home in Manassas, VA. Uncontrolled humidity in homes without adequate ventilation can lead to moisture buildup causing mold growth. Roof leaks, gutters, and landscaping where direct water goes into or under your home can cause mold growth.
How to Prevent Mold Growth
- Fix any leaky plumbing as soon as possible
- Increase ventilation, keep heating, ventilation, and HVAC drip pans clean and flowing properly, vent dryers to the outside of homes in Manassas, VA
- Maintain low indoor humidity
- Clean and dry any wet or damp areas within 48 hours
- Properly drain and slope ground away from the foundation
Plan for Mold Remediation
- Professional mold remediation is required from a licensed environmental service company such as Envirotex.
- They will assess the size of your mold or moisture problem and the damaged materials at your Manassas, VA home and then plan mold remediation.
- Wet Vacuums will be used to collect accumulated water.
- Nonporous (hard) surfaces will be wiped or scrubbed with special detergents and dried quickly to discourage further mold growth.
- Porous materials that are wet and have mold growing on them may require to be discarded.
- For final cleanup during mold remediation, a HEPA (High–Efficiency Particulate Air) vacuum is used to clean up areas after materials are dried and contaminated materials are removed from the Manassas, VA home. Any dust that has settled outside the mold remediation area will also be vacuumed.
- Damaged materials are sealed in plastic bags to avoid dispersing mold spores throughout the Manassas, VA home and taken to appropriate landfills to be discarded.
If you are experiencing any mold growth at your home in Manassas, VA, call the experts at Envirotex for mold remediation so your home will be safe for your family.