If you have noticed mold growth in your Northern, VA home, you should contact a mold company as soon as possible. Mold colonies can attach onto building materials such as wood and drywall because these materials provide it with a food source. Mold can destroy these affected surfaces causing extreme structural damage. Along with the damage, mold can also risk the health of your family members.
Hiring mold companies in Northern, VA should be carefully thought out. Removing mold takes extensive training and experience along with specialized tools and equipment. Choosing a company such as Envirotex who is properly licensed and equipped to provide the necessary skills required from mold companies is your best bet. Envirotex has been providing its services in Northern, VA since 2000 and is dedicated to offering quality service to its customers with their safety a #1 priority.
Before making your decision to hire mold companies in Northern, VA, here are a few questions you should ask—
- Are the technicians certified and trained? Make sure the mold companies hire employees who have gone through extensive training and are certified to do the job.
- Do the mold companies test the air? Testing the air before starting the mold remediation helps to determine where the mold is in your Northern, VA home. Then once the mold removal has been completed, another test should be performed to make sure the job was done correctly.
- Is the company insured? Mold companies that you are interested in hiring should be insured. If they are not properly insured, move on to the next company.
- Do the mold companies provide you with a free mold assessment? Any reputable mold company should be able to give you an evaluation of your Northern, VA at no cost and with no obligation.
- Does the company isolate the infected area? This is important so that the mold does not spread to other areas in your home in Northern, VA.
- Do the technicians wear protective equipment and clothing? Mold technicians should wear protective clothing, safety glasses, shoe covers and breathing masks for their safety. You never want to hire a company who doesn’t protect their employees.
Talk in depth to the mold companies you are thinking about hiring. Make sure that they answer any questions you may have so that you are clear in your mind before hiring anyone.