Mold can grow in any moist, warm climate indoors and outdoors around your home in Northern, VA. House mold can grow in wet towels, drywall, around your windows and under your carpet. It can also be found in food thrown outside in the garbage and rotting tree stumps and in the soil. Mold can be inhaled wherever it grows as well as licked by pets at your Northern, VA home.
Mycotoxins are produced by toxic mold which can damage you and your family’s health, including your pets. Some symptoms that your pet has been exposed by house mold at your Northern, VA home include—
- Inhaled house mold shows signs of difficult or rapid breathing, coughing, wheezing, sneezing, nasal discharge and in more severe cases even bleeding from the nose and/or mouth.
- Ingested house mold can include loss of appetite, stool changes, and vomiting.
- Allergic reaction to mold may include chewing, licking, scratching and biting itchy areas of the body. This can progress to skin sores and fur loss.
Some house mold can also affect your pet’s nervous system causing seizures and tremors. Whenever you sense your pet might have been exposed to toxic mold, get them to a veterinary immediately. House mold at your Northern, VA home can cause damage to your pet’s kidneys, liver, bones, brain, and spinal cord.
Most pets that get immediate attention after house mold exposure will make a full recovery. It is imperative that you prevent further expose and keep your pets safe and healthy going forward. Eliminating the sources of mold in your home and having mold remediation if necessary by a reputable company such as Envirotex will help to protect you and your family members which include pets.
Some extra precautions for you to take at your Northern, VA home regarding pets include—
- Wash your pet’s water and food bowls once a day and never use plastic.
- Keep your pet’s food in a sealed container in a dry, cold area.
- Wash your pet’s bedding regularly and if it becomes damp, immediately.
- Wash your pet’s toys frequently.
Keep an eye on your pets when they are outside doing their business and playing. Keep trash in a sealed container where pets can’t easily get into it until your trash has been collected or you take it to a dumpster. Always look out for any signs of house mold at your home in Northern, VA and call Envirotex when you notice any signs.