If you see mold growing on walls or other places inside your home in Northern VA, it can also be invisible behind those areas as well as other places in your home. Anytime you have mold, you have a moisture or water problem. Once you know where the moisture is coming from, that will need to be addressed, or mold removal will only be a temporary fix.
It is best to call in Northern VA professionals such as Envirotex Environmental Services for mold removal at your Northern VA home unless it is in a small area. But even small spaces may not be all there is, and a professional can locate mold with their equipment, knowledge, and expertise.
A professional environmental company will evaluate your mold contamination at your home in Northern VA and then map out a plan for mold removal. Professionals will clean up mold growing inside your home while avoiding exposing your family to mold spores floating around that can cause health issues.
Mold removal at your home starts with closing off mold–contaminated areas from other parts of the Northern VA home with polyethylene sheeting. Contaminated areas are misted to suppress dust. Moldy and wet materials are removed, placed in plastic bags, and later disposed of properly.
A wire brush may be used on non–porous materials and moldy wood surfaces and wiped with disposable wipes, which are then placed in polyethylene bags and disposed of properly. Surfaces are vacuumed with a HEPA vacuum. Afterward, all surfaces are scrubbed with a damp cloth and detergent until all mold is removed and rinsed with clean water.
The cleaned materials are allowed to dry so that any moisture will evaporate. Fans and dehumidifiers may be used to help with drying.
Any materials which were removed need to be replaced or repaired.
If your mold removal at your home in Northern VA was a success, the moisture problem should be fixed and not present any more issues with mold. There should be no visible signs of mold–contaminated materials or moldy odors inside your Northern VA home. After mold removal, you and your family should be able to occupy your home without any danger of developing health issues.