Mold Inspections for Homeowners and Homebuyers in Haymarket, VA

Mold can be extremely harmful to one’s health when left undetected or untreated. To avoid the health issues that mold can cause, mold inspections and testings will help inform homeowners and buyers in Haymarket, VA, so that they can make the best decisions for their family’s safety.

If you are buying a home, usually, there will be a home inspection. The home inspector may notice moisture buildup or other indicators of mold. At that point, a thorough mold inspection should be done to locate all mold growth at the home in Haymarket, VA.

If you currently own your own home and have any signs of mold growth, mold inspections will locate any further mold you may have that is not visible. Anytime you have water damage, such as a leaky roof or a broken pipe, you could experience mold. Regularly inspecting your roof and plumbing can help prevent mold growth within your Haymarket, VA, home.

Are Mold Inspections Significant?

Certain types of mold can harm your family’s health. For this reason, yes, mold inspections are significant. Frequently you may smell a musty odor but see nothing. Professionals who do mold inspections, such as the team at Envirotex Environmental Services, have the proper equipment to determine mold that you may not be able to see because it could be hidden behind walls and underneath flooring.

Mold inspections may consist of air testing to determine whether you might have hidden mold in your Haymarket, VA, home. Mold spores can float around in the air within your home until they find an area prone to growth. Mold growth usually develops in dark, moist places and will spread throughout homes in Haymarket, VA. A damp surface is all it takes for mold spores to grab and grow. Attics and basements are prone to mold growth, so checking for moisture often is necessary to deter mold growth.

Mold should be removed professionally from your Haymarket, VA home. The moisture source causing the mold needs to be fixed as well, or you will never be able to permanently get rid of any mold growth you have in your home.