Black mold that grows on floors, walls, carpets and other places in Alexandria, VA homes can usually be easily spotted. However, once black mold starts to grow in your air vents, things are much more problematic.
Some things to look for that could be signs of black mold growth within your air ducts that will require black mold removal from a licensed professional environmental company such as Envirotex include—
- Itchy eyes
- Sneezing indoors is worse than usual, especially if the air conditioner is running
- Chronic coughing
- Headaches and fatigue
- Difficulty in breathing
- Vomiting or diarrhea
- Irritation to the throat and nose
- Concentration impaired
If any of your household members start to develop these signs, take action promptly to protect your family’s health and call an environmental company in Alexandria, VA for black mold removal at your home.
Black Dust Around Air Vents
- Black dust accumulated around air vents in your Alexandria, VA home could be signs that black mold is growing in your air vents. You might experience a musty smell when you run your air conditioner.
- A distinctive, unpleasant musty smell
Air Conditioner Duct Black Mold Removal
- Black mold removal can be an extremely time-consuming project. The air conditioning system at your home in Alexandria, VA will need to be taken apart, and special HEPA filter vacuums are used to vacuum and then cleaned with powerful cleaning agents.
- Licensed professionals should do this. Otherwise, you take a chance of the mold growing back and possibly spreading to other areas of your Alexandria, VA home. A mold inspector should first confirm the substance is indeed black mold before the black mold removal process begins.
- Look at the insulation around your air ducts. If you see black mold in the vents and it has spread to the insulation, this will have to be replaced.
- The ductwork should be cleaned and disinfected with special killing agents using the proper tools.
The cause of the black mold growth is your biggest concern because if you don’t find the source, it will continue to grow back. This issue needs to be fixed along with any black mold removal at your Alexandria, VA home.