Mold can be sneaky. It is a fungus that can be found inside and outside. Mold spreads and reproduces by making spores. When mold spores are released, they can be carried by air or water to new locations. Mold thrives in moist conditions caused by floods, slow leaks, a broken pike or high humidity within your home in Prince William County, VA.
Warning Signs of Mold in Home
If you have dark spots on your ceiling, floors, or walls, this is usually a sign of mold in homes in Prince William County, VA. Musty odors and mildew are often signs that mold may be growing in your home. If members of your household have respiratory and allergy symptoms such as sneezing, coughing, trouble breathing and wheezing can be an indicator of mold growth as well.
Challenges of Mold in Home
- Mold can affect your family’s health and the physical structure of your home.
- Mold and mildew grow best in warm, humid and damp conditions.
- Mold may not be visible because it can grow under floors and in your walls.
- It only takes two days for any wet materials to be affected by mold, yet not be visible.
- Home remedies like bleach can cause even more problems.
- Only a professional mold remediation company in Prince William County, VA, can identify the source and resolve the issue.
A professional mold remediation company is experienced and has been trained in mold remediation for the proper procedures to safely handle mold infestation within homes and businesses.
Principles for Mold Remediation
- A professional mold remediation will follow safety and health precautions for themselves and occupants through a combination of practices and controls for protection from exposure.
- A post-cleanup should be done by a professional independent environmental expert to document the project was successful.
- Control mold before it spreads through the air by eliminating mold at the source of contamination.
- Mold must be physically removed from the structure.
- Moisture problems must be located and identified and corrected and controlled to prevent future contamination or recontamination.
Professional mold technicians understand the importance of a quick response in Prince William County, VA, so that mold remediation doesn’t escalate into further costs by delaying the restoration. These professionals will apply the proper techniques required to return your home to a safe environment for you and your family.