Asbestos Removal for Roofing and Siding in Arlington, VA
If your home in Arlington, VA was built with hard, brittle, shingle siding and roofing before the 1980’s it might contain asbestos. This type of siding and roofing should never be removed or disturbed without having it tested first.
If asbestos testing found your Arlington, VA home to have asbestos present, safety precautions need to be taken if any of the roofing or siding has been disturbed or if you are planning on removing these materials from the home. Asbestos is a hazardous material and should be handled by an environmental company in Arlington, VA who specializes in asbestos removal.
These asbestos removal professionals have the knowledge with experience to know how to safely remove any asbestos-containing materials rather it is roofing or siding outside or other asbestos-containing materials inside the home. Inside the home, well known asbestos- containing materials might include—
- Vinyl floor tiles and backing on vinyl sheet flooring and adhesives
- Textured paint and patching compounds used on walls and ceiulngs
- Attic and wall insulation produced containing vermiculite
- Hot water and steam pipes coated with asbestos-containing material or covered or with an asbestos blanket or tape
- Oil and coal furnaces and door gaskets with asbestos insulation
Anytime you suspect asbestos inside or outside your home you should call an asbestos company for an inspection. If any is found, these professionals will recommend the best way to handle the materials and one way is an asbestos removal for your Arlington, VA home.
During an asbestos removal of siding or roofing from your home in Arlington, VA—
- You must wear the proper clothing that will cover you from head to toe
- Respirators must be properly worn so that there is no exposure to asbestos
It only takes one time to be exposed to asbestos to get mesothelioma or other lung diseases. This is why it is imperative that you let a qualified asbestos removal company handle any asbestos problems you have at your Arlington, VA home. Asbestos removal professionals in Arlington, VA take the extra precautions necessary so that you can rest assured the job will be done correctly and safely.