Envirotex: Asbestos Abatement by Local Asbestos Companies in Leesburg, VA
Do you have asbestos in your home? Need help with asbestos removal? Consult local asbestos companies like Envirotex. Asbestos abatement companies in Leesburg, VA can identify toxins like asbestos in your home with rapid testing results.
Asbestos is a group of minerals (anthophyllite, actinolite, tremolite, amosite, chrysotile, and crocidolite). Asbestos was industrialized for its properties of strength, insulation and heat-resistance. It was used to construct buildings from the 1940s to the 1970s, when its health risks were scientifically proven. Asbestos exposure can cause cancer and lung scarring.
Toxins like asbestos and mold are harmful to your family, guests, and the structure and air quality of your home. Some mold containment can be DIY, but to protect yourself and avoid exposure, I'd call a licensed asbestos abatement company. Use a lab with independent credentials so there is no conflict of interest regarding your test results. Only independent lab analysis or manufacturer certification guarantees asbestos-free results.
Asbestos abatement of deteriorating contaminated material is intricate and expensive. Asbestos in good condition should be left alone; it's particularly dangerous when particles are airborne. Asbestos was mixed into many materials and often can't be seen even if you are looking for it. It once was mixed into caulking, siding, plaster, textured paints, cement, stucco, and joint compounds.
To find reliable asbestos abatement companies in Leesburg, VA follow these seven steps from Angie's List:
- Does your state require contractors to be licensed for the work you need done? View Envirotex VA License
- Hire licensed and/or certified contractors to handle household toxins. Obtain proof of their qualifications for your specific work (asbestos abatement, mold remediation, etc.).
- Ask your asbestos abatement company to list the steps they'll use to contain their work and prevent further damage.
- If your contractor doesn't talk to you about the risks toxins pose, has no containment plan, or is unaware of the dangers their work can exacerbate, hire someone else.
- Define the scope of work on paper.
- Get more than one estimate, require follow-up, and get a written guarantee.
- Check references, go with word of mouth, and use people who have worked with your asbestos abatement company in Leesburg, VA before.
Asbestos abatement companies in Leesburg, VA are required to be licensed by the state. Envirotex VA State License. Make sure you hire a tester and asbestos abatement contractor from different companies to avoid a conflict of interest. When work is being done in an area containing asbestos, the affected area is sealed off from the rest of the home with duct tape and plastic sheeting, and the air conditioning and heating systems are turned off to prevent circulation. Contact your local asbestos company, like Envirotex, to provide asbestos abatement for your Leesburg, VA home.