Undetected water damage in your Northern, VA home can lead to mold damage and serious health problems. Tackling a mold-infested home is not for the do-it-yourselfer. You can endanger the health of your family and make matters worse. In your search for a qualified, licensed mold company in Northern, VA, you might want to ask some of the following questions—
- Does the company consider mold to be dangerous to you and your family’s health? An experienced mold company should know the toxic nature of indoor water damage and the dangers that mold can cause to one’s health.
- Does the mold company test the environment? Testing before and after mold remediation will verify rather the procedure was successful.
- Can they provide a quote for work to be done? A mold company in Northern, VA should be able to provide a written quote for all work to be done.
- Can they provide references? Check all references to see if other customers were pleased with their work and if they would recommend them.
- Do they document their work? Mold companies should document their work with digital photos.
- Is the area properly contained? If not, get rid of them immediately. Proper containment should include plastic sheeting and protecting the entrance into the containment site to avoid cross-contamination. Negative HEPA-filtered air machines should be exhausted outside the home in Northern, VA.
- Are they insured and licensed? Never deal with a mold company in Northern, VA or any company who is not fully insured and licensed.
- Do the mold company’s workers wear protective clothing? All workers on the job site should be outfitted with the proper hazmat suits, safety glasses, and respirators. To prevent cross-contamination, disposable shoe covers should be worn on site.
- How will the mold infected material be disposed of? Any mold-contaminated materials should be bagged and disposed of immediately after removal. These items should be double bagged to avoid cross-contamination. They should never be left on site.
Envirotex is a reputable mold company who services the Northern, VA and Washington, D.C. area. They will be glad to answer any questions and concerns you have regarding the mold issues in your Northern, VA home. Their first concern is for the safety of you and your family.