Have you found mold growing at your home in Northern, VA? You might not realize it, but mold is a common condition that is found in many Northern, VA homes. Summers can be quite humid in Northern, VA, and with humidity comes moisture where mold is likely to grow.
The best way to handle mold is to call a mold company. They are the experts and should be able to explain the steps involved in dealing with your mold issues. If they can’t explain in layman’s terms and try to confuse you, tell them thanks, but no thanks. Or better yet, call the team at Envirotex Environmental Service, a local mold company that will be more than happy to answer all your questions.
Here are a few things that you should be able to expect when you hire a mold company—
- The professional team should wear proper safety gear when handling mold at your home in Northern, VA. They should be equipped with a high filtration face mask, neoprene or vinyl gloves, a full disposable protective suit, and shoe covers.
- The professional mold team should seal off the work area with plastic sheeting. This is to keep the mold spores from floating throughout the rest of the home.
- Professional equipment such as HEPA air scrubbers, HEPA vacuums, and commercial-strength dehumidifiers may be used.
- After physically removing all the mold particles from the Northern, VA home, the air should be cleaned of any airborne mold spores. This is done with HEPA air scrubbers and air exchange replacing the moldy air with clean, fresh air.
- A special chemical is then used to clean any remaining mold and stains that weren’t physically removed.
- Sometimes a professional mold technician may use a sealer or encapsulant, which makes the treated area resistant to water damage and mold growth. This also helps control the odor.
Mold companies have the experience and proper tools so that all the mold in your home is located. Once located, mold companies can lay out a plan to rid your home of all mold growth.