The EPA says a do-it-yourselfer can handle mold removal for a mold infected area that is less than 3 feet by 3 feet from homes in Manassas, VA. More than that, a professional mold removal crew should be hired, or you can run the risk of affecting your health and that of your family’s and contaminating other parts of your Manassas, VA home.
Even if you see mold, it is still a good practice to have professional mold testing done. A visual inspection will first be performed. The Manassas, VA professional team at Envirotex uses Thermal Imaging to rapidly detect mold sources that flourish mold growth. Once these water damaged areas are detected and whichever structural issues contributed to your mold infestation can be evaluated, a work plan for mold removal can be put in place for your Manassas, VA home.
Mold Removal Practice
Contain the infected area from the rest of the home in Manassas, VA
- Quarantining the area is one of the most important practices in mold removal. This protects mold spores from spreading to other areas of Manassas, VA homes. Plastic wrap is taped around all vents and doorways leading into the affected area. A HEPA vacuum is used to suck up loose mold spores from dust before removing any affected materials.
Negative Pressure during Mold Removal
- Mold removal professionals use expensive blowers and ductwork or a fan blowing out a window to create negative pressure by pulling air from the room and out of the house.
Removing Infected Materials and Disinfecting
- Any materials contaminated with mold needs to be bagged, sealed and removed from the Manassas, VA home and properly disposed of at proper dumping sites for hazardous materials.
- Allow the infected area to dry.
- Drywall or carpet may need to be replaced as well as painting damaged areas.
Sometimes mold can’t be seen, referred to as Hidden Mold. Many times family member start to have health issues which could be a warning sign that there is mold growth in your home in Manassas, VA or you might smell a musty odor.
Anytime you buy a new home or have other signs of possible mold growth; you should always have a mold inspection for the safety of your family. Call the experts at Envirotex for any environmental issues you might have at your home in Manassas, VA including mold removal, mold testing, asbestos removal, and asbestos testing.