Some say once you see mold in homes in Virginia Beach, VA, you should have mold inspections performed by a licensed mold inspector. Some say if you see mold, you know it’s already there, so why have a mold inspection. All you have to do is remove the mold growth. Yes and no.
Although you might see mold growth in your Virginia Beach, VA home, what about the mold growth that you might not be aware of? Quite possibly, if you see mold growth in several different places within the home, you have an issue and the only way to be sure if it is not hiding from you and you do not see all of it is to invest in a professional mold inspection and be safe.
Sometimes you might be experiencing a musty smell at your home in Virginia Beach, VA and can’t quite define where it is coming from. Quite possibly some members of your family could have symptoms of mold exposure which might include:
- Nasal congestion
- A runny nose
- Skin rash
- Breathing difficulties
- Watery, itchy or red eyes
Any of these symptoms could mean other health issues as well, but if the health issues continue and act up at during the more humid times of the year in Virginia Beach, VA, you could have a severe problem with mold growth.
When should a mold inspection be done?
- If there is no visible sign of mold growth, but there is a distinct musty smell. Mold inspections and testing can discover if there is elevated mold and where it is located in the home in Virginia Beach, VA.
- Your Virginia Beach, VA home has had plumbing leaks or other water issues, and you suspect mold growth may exist behind walls or in the air.
- Once you have removed mold from your home, you should always have another mold inspection and testing to make sure the mold removal was done correctly and mold counts return to normal levels.
- Health concerns as mentioned above.
- If you are selling or buying a house, for your protection, it is best to have a mold inspection.
Mold inspections are needed to verify the cause of the mold growth in your Virginia Beach, VA home as well as its location. Whatever is contributing to the moisture at your home that causes the mold growth needs to be fixed as well as the mold removed from the home. All mold inspections and removal should be done by a professional environmental company such as Envirotex. Envirotex has the specialized equipment to do the job correctly.