A mold inspection consists of a mold inspector coming into your Northern, VA home and doing a visual inspection for mold growth, air sampling, surface sampling, checking for water leaks, and checking your air conditioning for mold. The size of your Northern, VA home will determine how long mold inspections will take. Samples that are collected will be sent to a third-party, independent lab for analysis. The mold inspector will then give you a report based on the lab results.
During the mold inspection, the focus will be on the presence of mold growth and water damage on building materials and personal belongings within the home in Northern, VA.
When should you have a mold inspection for homes in Northern, VA?
- Before buying any home in Northern, VA, it is best to have a mold inspection to be assured there are no mold issues. Also, if you are selling your home, it ensures the buyers that your home is mold free with the documentation to protect yourself if anything would happen in the future once the new homeowner takes ownership of the home in Northern, VA.
- If your home smells musty, a mold inspection will tell you what is causing the smell and where it is coming from.
- If any family members are having allergy-like symptoms, this could be from mold growth. It is highly recommended that you have the air quality in your home tested.
What Mold Inspections Involve—
- The exterior of your home is inspected for any moisture intrusion.
- Samples may be taken and sent to an independent lab for analysis.
- A moisture meter may be used to identify the amount of moisture content in building materials.
- Thermal Imaging Camera may be used to detect if there is a temperature differential behind your ceilings and walls that might indicate leaks at your Northern, VA home.
- Attics and basements may be inspected for leaks or any condensation.
- Your HVAC system might be checked for mold because when your system is running, it can cause particles in the air.
Once the mold inspection is complete, and if it is determined you have mold issues, a plan should be mapped out for you to have mold remediation. Call the team at Envirotex for their help with any mold issues you have within your Northern, VA home.