Many homes in Woodbridge, VA have some sort of moisture problems resulting from high humidity levels, condensation, leaky pipes or possibly from a recent flooding disaster. All homes in Woodbridge, VA have plenty of organic materials such as paper, wood, fabric, leather, drywall, insulation materials, and grout. Mold in homes in Woodbridge, VA needs moisture to grow and mold colonies can start to grow on these organic materials within 24 to 48 hours. Mold can spread and cause costly structural damage and severe health issues for both humans and their pets.
Mold in homes affects pets more virulently than humans because dogs, cats, and other small pets have less advanced immune systems making them more susceptible to mold-related illnesses.
How Does Mold in Homes Affect Pets?
- When your pet inhales mold spores, it causes fever, lethargy, and different respiratory issues. The most typical symptoms can include coughing, sneezing, nasal discharge, rapid breathing, and bleeding from the mouth and/or nose.
- If the mold in homes in Woodbridge, VA is digested, it can lead to digestive problems and can damage the gastrointestinal tract. These symptoms include vomiting, stool changes, and loss of appetite.
- When pets have been in contact for extended periods to mold in homes in Woodbridge, VA, this may result in various allergic reactions and neurological issues, including tremors and seizures.
Some molds in homes are more dangerous than others, such as black mold. This type of mold in homes in Woodbridge, VA produces mycotoxin, which can cause cell damage and liver damage to your pets. Pets that are exposed to these spores may suffer pulmonary hemorrhage, which is a deadly condition known for heavy bleeding in the pet’s lungs.
Pets who develop mold sickness that are not treated effectively and quickly may lead to organ damage or even failure and can seriously affect their nervous system. If you believe your pet has come in contact with mold and any of these symptoms develop, take them immediately to your Woodbridge, VA veterinarian—
- Coughing, wheezing, and/or sneezing
- Runny nose and/or eyes
- Excessive scratching and licking
- Skin sores and rashes
- Labored breathing
- Loss of fur
- Loss of appetite
- Bleeding from nose and/or mouth
- Behavior changes
Signs of mold in homes should be dealt with immediately. Call the professionals at Envirotex. We will come to your Woodbridge, VA home, and give you recommendations to rid your home of any mold growth that is breeding within your home.
Don’t wait until a family member, either human or a pet, faces critical health issues. Call us today. We can help eliminate all mold in homes in Woodbridge, VA.