An asbestos contractor in Washington, D.C. can inspect your home in Washington, D.C. for asbestos. They can take samples, access the situation and then give you a plan to rid your home of asbestos. When hiring an asbestos contractor, you need to inquire about their certifications and licenses required by your state. You can check with your state’s department of environmental protection or health for a list of accredited professionals.
What An Asbestos Contractor Can Do For Asbestos?
- Non-contaminated movable items will be removed from the work area.
- Plastic sheeting will be applied to walls and floors to isolate the work area from the rest of the home or basement. This is known as containment or enclosure.
- A three-chambered decontamination unit equipped with a working shower connecting to the work area will be set up. This is known as a “decon.” Workers who wear protective clothing, such as respirators and protective suits, must use the “decon” when entering and leaving the work area.
- A HEPA filter equipped negative air machine, known as a HEPA unit, creates negative air pressure within the containment area to keep airborne asbestos fibers from leaving the containment
- An airless sprayer will be used to keep the asbestos containing material wet during the removal process.
- Air sample pumps will collect air samples during the removal process.
- Any asbestos materials being removed will be put into a sealed plastic bag.
Choosing a professional to remove asbestos is not going to be the same contractor who does home repair or remodeling. They do not have the proper certification nor employ certified workers who are equipped to work with asbestos safely. If you hire someone who is not qualified, you put your family in great danger.
Proper equipment and the expertise to do the work properly will prevent the spread of asbestos fibers throughout your home. An asbestos contractor in Washington, D.C. is professionally trained in environmental safety to remove asbestos safely and document the complete removal for future reference should you decide to sell your home.
Mold can be sneaky. It is a fungus that can be found inside and outside. Mold spreads and reproduces by making spores. When mold spores are released, they can be carried by air or water to new locations. Mold thrives in moist conditions caused by floods, slow leaks, a broken pike or high humidity within your home in Prince William County, VA.
Warning Signs of Mold in Home
If you have dark spots on your ceiling, floors, or walls, this is usually a sign of mold in homes in Prince William County, VA. Musty odors and mildew are often signs that mold may be growing in your home. If members of your household have respiratory and allergy symptoms such as sneezing, coughing, trouble breathing and wheezing can be an indicator of mold growth as well.
Challenges of Mold in Home
- Mold can affect your family’s health and the physical structure of your home.
- Mold and mildew grow best in warm, humid and damp conditions.
- Mold may not be visible because it can grow under floors and in your walls.
- It only takes two days for any wet materials to be affected by mold, yet not be visible.
- Home remedies like bleach can cause even more problems.
- Only a professional mold remediation company in Prince William County, VA, can identify the source and resolve the issue.
A professional mold remediation company is experienced and has been trained in mold remediation for the proper procedures to safely handle mold infestation within homes and businesses.
Principles for Mold Remediation
- A professional mold remediation will follow safety and health precautions for themselves and occupants through a combination of practices and controls for protection from exposure.
- A post-cleanup should be done by a professional independent environmental expert to document the project was successful.
- Control mold before it spreads through the air by eliminating mold at the source of contamination.
- Mold must be physically removed from the structure.
- Moisture problems must be located and identified and corrected and controlled to prevent future contamination or recontamination.
Professional mold technicians understand the importance of a quick response in Prince William County, VA, so that mold remediation doesn’t escalate into further costs by delaying the restoration. These professionals will apply the proper techniques required to return your home to a safe environment for you and your family.