Don’t try to be a mold specialist. Mold in your Alexandria, VA home can make you and your family sick. Mold also looks disgusting to the visible eye but what about the mold that you can’t visibly see? If you see mold inside your house, how much is growing where you can’t see it? Whenever you first see signs of any mold growth, you need to get help fast.
Mold removal should only be done by a professional company such as Envirotex. We are a trusted, licensed and insured environmental services company servicing the Northern, VA area including Alexandria, VA. Our professional mold removal specialists know what to look for and where to look inside your home to detect mold growth and the best way to remove the mold from your Alexandria, VA home.
Mold left unattended can weaken your walls, floors, and ceilings. The sooner you have this mold problem taken care of, the better.
The mold removal technician from Envirotex will not only remove the mold from your home but will assess the situation to see how any further mold growth can be prevented in the future. Knowing the how’s and why’s of mold growth in your home will determine what plan your mold removal specialist will suggest.
Suggestions for Homeowners to Reduce Mold Problems
- Caulk around water fixtures—leaks around any shower, sinks, and bathtubs are sources for mold growth.
- Clean out gutters—water standing in gutters that are clogged with debris can allow water to leak into your eaves and onto the exterior walls.
- Caulk around windows—caulk around the outside of windows to prevent them from leaking during hard downpours of rain.
- Roof leaks—if your ceiling is showing signs of leaking, check your roof, your attic or crawl space above your ceiling for leaks. When these leaks go unnoticed, mold can start to grow.
- Crawl space under your home—make sure water is not accumulating and standing underneath your house. This can lead to mold growth and furthermore it can also damage the structure of your home.
By following these suggestions, you can prevent mold growth from occurring in your Alexandria, VA home. If you are already noticing signs of mold, call the environmental specialists at Envirotex for our mold removal services. Envirotex is a name you can trust.