Homeowners who live in Haymarket, VA may be at increasing needs for mold remediation. With our constant exposure to information, people are more health conscious than years ago. As homeowners become more aware of the signs of toxic black mold, they are finding that some of their health related issues could be coming from areas in their home that are prone to mold especially when it is hot and humid and during an extremely rainy season. No matter how much they clean, at times, it still comes back.
Toxic black mold causes serious health problems including breathing problems, mental impairment, internal organ damage and even death. Anytime you notice any signs of mold growth; you should call and have your home inspected for toxic black mold. If you do have black mold growing, you will need to call a company who specializes in mold remediation. Ensure they are fully licensed and trained to handle the safe removal of toxic black mold by doing a complete mold remediation.
Who is at Risk for Mold?
Mold needs three things to grow—an ideal temperature, a source of food, and moisture.
Most homes in the Haymarket, VA area provide the ideal temperature for mold growth. Mold’s source of food is dust or dirt. Mold feeds on dust which is impossible to eliminate from a home, and that leaves moisture. If the humidity in your home reaches above 60 percent and you have organic debris, such as dust, mold can grow.
If you have a leaky faucet or maybe water has seeped into your basement and it is not completely cleaned and dried within 24 to 48 hours, the moisture can lead to mold growth. If it took you several days to notice a leaky faucet or water in your basement, it could be too late. You might already have mold growth starting in your home.
How to Get Rid of Mold?
When you first notice any signs of black mold growth, you should call in the professionals. Never risk your family’s health by trying to do this yourself. To protect the health of you and your family, during mold remediation in your Haymarket, VA home, you should temporarily vacate the premises. Only once the mold has been completely removed should you return to your home.